The studio uses materials which emphasize an intervallic approach so that the student learns both note reading and interval reading. Courses are designed per individual student. Curriculum includes:
- Lesson Book: Introduction of musical concepts such as: note-reading, rhythm, music symbols,
- Technique: Artistry, touch, posture and pedal
- Performance: The culmination of concepts, etiquette and interpretation at performance level.
- Theory: The math behind the music; includes ear-training
- Scales, arpeggios, and cadences
- Supplementary materials:
Some examples of books and methods included in the curriculum
- Piano Adventures
- Alfred Premier
- In Recital
- Hanon Studies
- Piano Pronto
- Technique is Fun
- Classical RCM "Celebration" Series
- Classical "Masterworks" Series
- Classical "Developing Artist Series
- Jazz "Connections"
- Faber Jazz, Pop & Rock & Roll
- Sheet music from beginner to advanced
The studio music library offers the student a chance to play a variety of supplemental music without cost. Any borrowed music that is not returned or is returned damaged must be compensated for.